Marketanpuisto (Marketta park) is the biggest permanent garden and landscape exposition in Finland. Companies, organisations and cities exhibit their products, services and know-how at the area. The park is open every day between 7 – 21. Entrance is free. Marketanpuisto is situated in Espoo by the Ring Road III, between Pori and Turku motorways.
- natural stone products, concrete blocks, slabs and walls
- special construction elements, slope construction solutions
- gazebos, pergolas, garden bridges, playground equipment, benches, seats
- other park and street furniture
- soil and composts for plant cultivation and growing
- garden waste and recycling
- ornamental trees, shrubs, perennials, bedding plants, bulbs and ornamental grasses
- seeds for lawns
- examples for gardens and landscape design
- outdoor lighting
- water gardens, ponds, fountains and irrigation systems
- landscape construction
Park’s main plan and 15 of the show stands were designed by Hanna Hentinen at
Piha- ja puistosuunnittelu Hanna Hentinen.
Marketanpuisto was enlarged in 2003 and this plan was designed by Katriina Arrakoski at Puutarhasuunnittelu Arrakoski&Tahvonen.
In 1997 Viherympäristöliitto (The Finnish Association of Landscape Industries)
came up with the idea to find an outdoor place near Helsinki for landscape exhibition purposes. An agreement was made and signed with a landscaping college Yl Praktika to develop an area called Margreteberg for an outdoor exposition and training. The idea was further evolved towards a permanent exposition park and annual landscaping show. As it happened, quite a few companies had been looking for an area where to place their garden and landscape products.
The park is divided into small rented lots. A company renting a certain lot is also in charge of the designing, constructing and maintaining of the space. The general management and development of Marketanpuisto is organised by Marketanpuiston ystävät ry.
Marketanpuisto is a venue for horticultural and landscape exhibition such as ViherTek (a show for landscape professionals). Annually there is also a Trädgårdsdag in June (gardening day).